Unique Baby Shower Gifts
We are really pleased to have partnered with Kelly Walsh from Third Love for this blog post. Kelly is a freelance writer that loves delving into wedding and baby topics as a recent bride that hopes to welcome a little one to her new family soon. You'll find her at the local coffee shop working on her next piece or maybe out for a walk with her fur baby! Thank you Kelly for putting together this piece for new mamas and registry shoppers looking for the perfect gift!
Welcoming a new little life into the world is extremely exciting, especially for new moms. However, it can be hard to figure out what exactly you need to take care of baby. Sure, there are all of the essentials, ranging from onesies and diapers to baby bottles and a breast pump, but what are some other items that other moms might need that they don’t think of?
The Perfect Bag | Moms have to carry a lot of items whenever they travel to make sure baby has everything he or she needs for feeding, playtime and changing.
- PacaPod bags come in a variety of patterns and styles, providing ample storage and organization options for mothers to keep essentials handy. Check out leather bags for trendy mamas, travel bags for moms that are always on-the-go and bags for twins!
- A backpack is a must for moms. Whether acting as a carry-on, or accompanying mom and baby on a quick to the grocery store, a PacaPod backpack will hold diapers, bottles, a change of clothes and parent accessories.
- Dads need bags too! PacaPod carries bags specifically designed for dads, acting as a stylish and helpful accessory.
- A clear bag, such as the Travel Pod is a must for amusement parks, airports and other places that have bag checks. Mom and dad already have their hands full, so a clear design makes things simple by showing all of its contents without unzipping and rummaging.
- A great accessory to gift along with a bag or backpack is pram clips, so mom and dad can attach their items to baby’s stroller.
For Mealtimes | Babies’ feeding schedules are much different than children and adults, often requiring mom to breastfeed or break out the formula while on the go.
- To avoid bringing containers of baby food, spoons and dishes with you, the Easy Squeezy Spoon is super helpful for moms and dads, securely holding 4 oz. of baby food (which is the standard size of a baby food jar, for reference). When baby is hungry, the base can be gently squeezed for food to dispense at the spoon. A cap helps prevent any messes in-between uses too, an added bonus. Baby food can get expensive, and sometimes moms want to make their own food for baby, but don’t want to go through a lot of hassle. The Tommee Tippee Baby Food Blender is a great solution, allowing mom to puree with ease.
- Whether breastfeeding or pumping, a comfortable maternity bra is a necessary investment for new mamas. ThirdLove’s nursing bra is super soft, tagless and features a front-zip closure, catering to mom’s comfort.
Just for Baby | If you’re looking specifically for a unique product for the baby, there are many unique items out there that will cater to him or her.
- The Milton steriliser can clean baby’s pacifier, which is great for when he or she likes to throw or drop it on the floor, as well as being able to sterilize up to 6 standard baby bottles.
- Sometimes babies want to get out of their stroller or playpen and move around on the floor. The LilyPad Playmat offers a comfortable surface for baby to play and move around, and is machine-washable for mom and dad’s convenience.
- Just like for playtime, changing time is another situation where baby requires a comfortable layer. The Luxury Changer Mat is lightweight and warm for baby and can be rolled and tucked away for mom and dad.
If you’re a mom or dad looking to finish up your registry or come up with gift ideas to ask friends and family for, these are some items to consider. For those that are purchasing the gift, look around for something unique that you know mom and baby will appreciate. If you’re stuck, consider getting a PacaPod gift card, so mom-to-be can find her favorite product!